CTEC is a leading provider of certified and customised training in the South East offering programmes in ICT and Business, Childcare, and Healthcare Support. You will find details of our QQI level 6 Training and Development courses listed under ICT and Business.
Our Course Schedule for September 2016 to July 2017 has just been updated.
To view our latest course schedule click here. Please note that as courses run subject to sufficient numbers, the schedule is subject to change. It is advisable to check the schedule regularly for updates.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions available on our Courses page when booking your place on a training course.
Courses Starting Soon...
- QQI level 5 Care Skills - Wednesday 16 October
- QQI level 5 Communications - Thursday 27 October
- QQI level 5 Work Experience - Tuesday 22 November
- Patient Manual Handling - Saturday 29 October
- QQI level 5 Early Care & Education Practice - 22 November (evening class)
- QQI level 6 Early Childhood Curriculum - 10 November (evening class)
Registration for all courses is open now. A €50 deposit is required to confirm your place on most courses and a €350 deposit is required as the deposit for ATI courses. Please refer to our terms and conditions when booking a course, available on our website and at the Reception desk in CTEC.
You may be eligible for funding from the Department of Social Protection or Intreo (formerly FAS).
We are now taking bookings for all courses starting from September 2016 onwards. You can book online or by dropping into our Training Centre on the 2nd floor in Norse Gate House, St Peter's Square, Wexford. Contact 053-9121036 for more information.
ITEC Beauty Specialist Courses
Contact CTEC for details of our ITEC and CIBTAC beauty courses. 053-9121036 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CTEC - Winner of the Training Provider of the Year Award 2013
CTEC- winner of the Wexford Training Provider Award 2011
Garda Vetting is required for those undertaking many of the childcare and healthcare courses. As it can take considerable time to arrange for Garda Vetting, applicants for these courses must complete Garda Vetting forms when applying for courses. Currently Garda Vetting can take up to 12 weeks.
ECDL – V5 - Office 2010
Be sure you get the very latest ECDL certification – version 5 – at CTEC. We also provide 'walk-in' testing facilities for the ECDL.
Book this ECDL course online or call us on 053-9121036 to book your place for January 2010.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Many of us have years of valuable experience gained in the workplace, but no formal qualifications at all. RPL is a system whereby you can use the valuable skills gained at work to achieve a recognised FETAC award.
Please contact Rachel or Patricia on 053-9121036 to see if RPL is the best way for you to gain certification. You can read more about RPL here.
FETAC Monitoring Report
Summary of Good Practice:
• Management at CTEC is committed to delivering a quality product to its diverse client base and to ensuring quality delivery and fair and consistent assessment of its learners.
• There is a very high level of awareness, by both management and staff of FETAC QA requirements and significant evidence of good practice in QA implementation as noted above.
• The review of programmes and services is evidently part of the culture at CTEC. The open and supportive learning environment, as verified by both students and staff, is commended.
• It was clear that a thorough approach was taken to the Self Evaluation undertaken in March 2008.
• A quality driven learning experience at CTEC was endorsed by each of the past learners interviewed.
FETAC Monitoring Report, December 2008 - read the full report here.
click here for details and photos.
CTEC has agreed Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures with FETAC and is a registered Training and Testing Centre for FETAC Courses.
CTEC's approved training programmes and trainers have been placed on the FAS/EI register of Trainers. The registration number of Community Training & Education Centre is 901601.
"The secret of success in life is to be
ready for opportunity when it comes"
CTEC links with IT Carlow
Students who successfully complete the FETAC level 6 Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education at CTEC, gaining distinctions in all mandatory modules, can now apply for entry directly into Year Two of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Early Childhood Education & Care at IT Carlow. All CTEC courses are taught on a module by module basis only.
Student Login for
Follow us on Twitter
for instant updates!