The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems.
- Explain the key terminology associated with the recording and maintenance of bookkeeping records, using manual and computerised systems
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for record keeping purposes
- Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from the information contained in a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records, petty cash vouchers
- Post the information from the daybooks to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers
- Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period
- Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement from data supplied
- Prepare the end-of-period VAT Return in accordance with the requirements of the Revenue Commissioners
- Process all tasks as per the manual ones using an accounts package, comparing manual and computerised results
- Analyse tasks completed making appropriate corrections to any errors and editing of data as directed
- Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
Preferred Entry Level: Relevant work/life experiences, QQI level 4 equivalent or Leaving Certificate.