The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to input, edit, and analyse financial data and to produce requisite reports using a computerised accounts package and spreadsheet application, in the accounts department of an organisation.
- Restore data files from an appropriate medium such as a network or DVD
- Set up parameters to include; VAT rates, foreign exchange rates, nominal accounts, inventory
- Process the information, for at least one accounting period, from source data supplied (in euro and one foreign currency) for the daybooks to include purchases, sales and returns, cash transactions, single and recurring bank transactions and for the journal to include staff salaries
- Process adjustments to include accruals, prepayments, depreciation, inventory and correction of errors to data previously processed
- Complete a bank reconciliation adjusting for bank items to include direct debits, standing orders, charges, receipts, payments and transfers
- Process the provision for irrecoverable debt and the occurrence of write off(s)
- Print a selection of reports from the accounts package to include; daybooks, personal accounts, recurring transactions, Trial Balance, Audit Trail and Final Accounts
- Back up data from accounts package to a suitable location and medium
- Export worked data from the accounts package to a spreadsheet to enable production of management reports(s) and graph(s) to include budgeting and cashflow forecasting, from information supplied
- Print a selection of reports from the spreadsheet to include; Budget, Cashflow Forecast, graph(s)
- Back up data from spreadsheet to a suitable location and medium
- Analyse outcomes and performance from a range of reports to include personal accounts, bank account, Income Statement, Statement of Financial Affairs, Budget.
Preferred Entry Level: Relevant work/life experiences, QQI level 5 equivalent or Leaving Certificate.