The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to develop and implement a broad based curriculum in an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) setting.
- Critically reflect on the contributions of a range of early childhood educational theorists to pedagogical practice
- Assess a range of early childhood programme models and approaches and their implementation
- Evaluate the role of the adult in supporting children’s learning and development
- Select from a range of strategies to facilitate assessment for learning
- Promote learning contexts which support children’s well-being, identities and belonging consistent with relevant legislation and national practice guidelines
- Lead curriculum implementation in a variety of situations both indoor and outdoor
- Evaluate personal and professional learning and that of others linking curriculum theory to practice and assessment
- Reflect on own attitudes, values and beliefs and their impact on the learning environment.
Preferred Entry Level: Relevant work/life experiences, QQI level 5 equivalent or Leaving Certificate.