CTEC Terms & Conditions of Business
All CTEC courses are run on a part-time, flexible basis. CTEC requires all learners to pay in full in advance for all one day courses and also requires learners to pay the appropriate course deposit in advance for all other training courses. The balance of all course fees can be paid on a weekly basis and all fees must be paid in full on the final day of the course.
- To book a training course, please complete an application form. You should send your completed form and the course deposit to CTEC, Norse Gate House, St Peter’s Square, Wexford. Application forms and deposits can also be handed in at CTEC Reception. Deposits vary from programme to programme so please check our website for details of your course deposit. Confirmation of your place on each course can only be made once the appropriate deposit has been paid.
- The balance of your course fees can be paid on a weekly basis over the course duration and all fees must be paid in full by the final day of the course. You can arrange a payment plan with CTEC and there are no additional costs for paying by instalment.
Paying for your Course:
- You can pay for your course by cash, postal order or cheque at CTEC.
- You can also pay using your debit card or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) at CTEC. Please note that only payments of €50 or more can be paid using this method and a surcharge of €3 per payment is applied.
- You can book your course and pay the deposit or the full course fee on our website using your debit card or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) at CTEC. A surcharge of €3 per payment is applied to all online payments. Please note that instalment payments cannot be made via our website.
- Online payments only available from 12th November 2018.
Refund of Deposits:
- If you have paid a deposit and in the unlikely event the course does not go ahead, your deposit will be refunded in full within 14 working days of the date your course should have started. We will try to give as much notice as possible of course cancellations.
- As a community training centre, we are aware that individual circumstances may changes. If you cancel your course a minimum of 5 working days before the start of your course, your deposit will be refunded in full within 14 working days of the course start date. Please note that all course cancellations MUST be made in writing to avail of this service. CTEC will not refund course deposits where learners fail to give less than 5 working days written cancellation notice or for courses where learners have partial attendance. In certain circumstances and with CTEC approval, learners may be allowed to transfer their deposit to an alternative course commencing within six months.
- Learners who require additional services, for example request for certificate name change, additional printing of results sheets etc, will incur an administration fee of €10 per request.
Protection for Learners on selected QQI Major Award Courses or Courses of more than Three Months Duration
CTEC does not run any full-time courses leading to QQI Major Awards. All our training courses are for individual modules only. Learners wishing to pursue a specific vocational major award should book the appropriate module courses. You can gradually build up your module credits at a pace that suits you. You do not have to undertake all modules at CTEC and we will be happy to advise learners on funding and training opportunities with other organisations. CTEC does not ask learners to pay in full in advance for any QQI major award programmes.
Please note that results and certificates will be withheld from the learner until all course fees have been paid in full.
QQI level 5 National Certificate in Health Service Skills 5M3782 Protection for Enrolled Learners:
Should any learner choose to pay in full in advance for the above major award, CTEC has put in place arrangements to ensure that sufficient funds are available to refund learner course fees in the unlikely event that CTEC ceases to operate. QQI have approved these arrangements so that learners are fully protected.
Course Funding Information:
Learners who are unemployed or who are in receipt of a social welfare payment should approach their local Intreo office or Wexford Local Development to enquire if they are eligible for funding towards a QQI accredited course. Currently up to €500 per annum is available for eligible learners. Participants who are eligible for TESG funding and who fail to complete the course will be personally liable for payment of full course fees.